The Student News Site of Royal Oak High School

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Staff Ins & Outs of 2nd Semester

With the second semester now in full swing, there are some things students learned from past terms that either worked or didn’t. Going along with the 2024 trend, here are some personal and academic “Ins and Outs” of the Acorn Staff for the second semester. 

Lilliana Heline

When it comes to school, the second semester can either be more relaxed or more stressful. Distractions that may lead to procrastinating are out for this semester and a better balance is in! Being able to make a To-Do list and get a few things done is much better than feeling swamped by academic stressors. Finding a coffee shop or aesthetic study spot (study spots story) and getting some work done, is a fun way for students to feel accomplished in their study habits. 

School spirit is in! As the spring sports season begins tryouts and their seasons, it is important that we have as much student support as possible. There are plenty of sports to support if you aren’t into everything; baseball, softball, girls soccer, boys and girls lacrosse, unified soccer, boys golf, girls tennis, and track and field. When more people go to the games, the players feel appreciated, enriching our overall school community. Also enriching, is the participation in spirit weeks. With Charity week approaching, everyone should dress up, not participating is out!

On a more personal note, self care is in. Whether it’s getting a sweet treat after a hard day, buying a new outfit, or listening to some music, whatever makes you feel better is all that’s necessary. Overthinking less and moving forward is the highest form of self care, but can sometimes be the hardest to achieve. Taking a break from screens, including social media is a way to relieve some stress. Snapchat and other social media are out… Yes, this includes TikTok. 

For seniors especially, this is an important semester, so it should all be appreciated. Stressing about college/future plans is out, and being excited for what lies ahead is in; independence and a new chapter. As we close this chapter, in warm weather and senior events, being happy, participating, and feeling comfortable is crucial. 

Here’s to a great semester!