The Student News Site of Royal Oak High School

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Bowling’s Rolling Record

As this Royal Oak High School bowling season comes to a close, a record score was set by Senior Carter Harris in the Raven team’s competition with the Ferndale Eagles. A score of 300 was set, an all time high in the record books of Royal Oak High School Bowling teams across the board for one student alone. As this is the highest score, Acorn asked the bowling team how this score would affect the future of their gameplay, “I don’t think the record will change the game plans, but I do think that it will increase team morale and overall increase our team scores.,” Carter Harris said.With the bowling team’s excitement about the score, it set the team’s tone for the ending of the season. With such high standards, the coach, Matthew Milazzo, spoke in regard to whether this score will ever be matched,  saying “Absolutely.  We have kids working hard every day in this program, and I have no doubt that we can see it happen again.”.

The bowling team has been running for a long time, and a long history brings a series of habits and luck-accumulating preparations for a game.We asked Senior Oliver Harris what the team does before starting a game. “Before a match, we like to listen to music. Whether it is some 2010’s pop or 80’s rock, it’s something everyone knows and can sing along to.What people refer to as certified bangers or timeless classics. We’ll do this in the back room before a match or on the bus ride to an away match.”

The record that marked a change in Royal Oak High School history has been seen affecting the hearts and minds of those who enjoy bowling. Showing how much the bowling team has pushed and improved over the years. Now with the team getting more recognition, we will continue to see how bowling in the school will impact the community, and if any other records will be broken.