The Student News Site of Royal Oak High School

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Interact’s Impact – Service Above Self

An Inside Look at Interact Club
Ava Paananen
Contributed by DJ Panis

Royal Oak High School clubs are among many ways to get involved with the school and the Royal Oak community. With clubs like Hiking Club, which includes fun ways to stay active along with a supportive community, or Be Nice Club, which actively interacts with the entirety of Royal Oak High School through kind acts and promoting treating people with respect. Students looking to engage with the community, provide acts of service to the Royal Oak community, and meet new people can look no further than Interact Club. 

Interact Club meets every Wednesday afternoon in room 216 from 3 to 4 pm to discuss planning for events, fundraisers, service acts, and other activities that involve Royal Oak High School and the Royal Oak community that work towards creating a positive environment.

Contributed by DJ Panis ( Ava Paananen)

Interact focuses on doing acts of service to better the community and providing opportunities for students to work together to achieve a better future. DJ Panis is the current President of Interact Club, who details what his role is as President. “I lead all the meetings, so I create all of the slideshows that detail what our meeting is about and then try to get that across to the rest of the club. As President, I also work outside of the club communicating with the organizations that we donate to. For example, right now we’re working on a fundraiser and donating to HAVEN.”

Panis joined Interact Club his junior year and has since been heavily involved in Interact and the events and activities they put on. “Interact’s main goal is to combine service and fun. In the past, we’ve done events like the Spooky Soiree that was held in the Roost, where everyone could have fun, but it was also a fundraiser. It’s a great way to include everyone and meet a goal of raising funds for good causes.”

Panis also notes the flexibility of the club.“You can join anytime you want, even in the middle of the year. There isn’t a requirement where you have to show up to each meeting, although that would be nice to see more faces. Interact values your effort, and we would love to have more people join, our door is always open.”

As for what Interact is currently up to, they are in the midst of planning a fundraiser for Women’s Month, so Royal Oak High School Students should be on the lookout for sales during all lunches and donate to help a charitable cause. 

Contributed by DJ Panis ( Ava Paananen)

If you find yourself looking for a chance to get involved with the community, stop by Interact Club on Wednesdays after school; where you’ll get volunteer opportunities, a chance to meet new people, and free snacks.