The Student News Site of Royal Oak High School

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Valentines Picks

Acorn Valentines Picks
Lilliana Heline

As one of the possibly most controversial holidays quickly approaches, people are feeling many different types of ways. Valentine’s Day looks different to everyone. While being in a relationship is a big part of the day, individuals not in a relationship can enjoy what the holiday has to offer too. From candies to movies, here are the Acorn staff’s Valentine’s favorites. 

When it comes to Valentine’s signature food group, the staff was excited to pick their favorite treats for the holiday. While the classic conversation hearts are a well known favorite, the staff also enjoys any chocolates or gummy sweets. 

What type of gift is most liked? The answer is flowers. When it comes to gestures, flowers are an easy, yet big one. While stuffed animals are also popular, nothing beats the feeling of being given a bouquet, it’s a timeless classic. 

No matter your relationship status this Valentine’s Day, it is still important to indulge in what the holiday offers, eat some chocolate, but some flowers, listen to Taylor Swift, and appreciate the holiday for what it is.