The Student News Site of Royal Oak High School

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Senior Dress-Up Day Tradition Continues

Halloween in the Raven Nation is a day the senior class looks forward to each year, especially because of the annual costume contest. The seniors arrived at school dressed in their costumes, excited to show off the hard work put into their costumes. Teacher judges included: Brittney Laurent, Kale Clack, Megan McCaffery, Deborah Hart, and Derek Miller, who awarded students the top spots in the following categories:

Best Duo

For best duo, the judges chose Sophie Matthews and Delaney Dalziel. Matthews dressed up as Curious George in a onesie and Dalziel was in all yellow as the Man in the Yellow Hat. 

Best group costume

While best group costumes can get competitive, winners this year were Shawn Davis, Lilliana Heline, Riley Maizy, Ava Emery, and Brie Emery with a creative play on the “Spy Kids” movie characters. 

Most accurate costume 

Brayson Lamb dressed up as the Hatbox Ghost from “Haunted Mansion,” and won the most accurate costume award. Lamb accurately portrayed the ghost, with blue face makeup, wig, top hat and a creative outfit.

Most original 

Katrina Malinich and Emily Chafetz won the award for most original costume.  The girls dressed as a barricade and Jake from “Subway Surfers.” Both demonstrated creativity in their outfits, with Malinich dressed as a red and white paper obstacle and Chafetz in the iconic hat and jeans

Funniest 

The funniest costume award went to a group that included seniors Daniel Panis, Roslyn Chandler, Natalie Nixon, Kaylie McLemore, and Olivia Fox, who dressed up as Steve Harvey and contestants from the game show, “Family Feud.” 

Teacher’s choice 

Teacher’s choice went to Edward Skaleski as Dr. Emmet Brown and Daniel Sullivan as Marty McFly from the movie, “Back to the Future.” Skaleski was stylish in a white wig, while Sullivan nailed the outfit of Marty McFly.

What was your favorite costume?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.