The Student News Site of Royal Oak High School

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Newsmagazine

Acorn Fall Favorites

Lilliana Heline

Fall is upon us, and as the weather and leaves change, so does our lifestyle. During this transitional period of the year, our styles and interests vary. So, what are the Acorn staff loving this fall?

When it comes to sweet treats, our staff’s overall favorite is a pumpkin spice latte. This cozy treat is the perfect way to get in the fall mood, especially when paired with other pumpkin flavored goodies. 

Another way to get in the fall mood is by hunkering down inside and watching TV. Our Acorn staff’s favorite fall things to watch include the Gilmore Girls television series and the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. 

Jackets, sweaters, boots, and jeans are part of the fun of fall. When it comes to fashion, cozy can be cute and is an exciting way to move into the winter months without all the heavy layers. 

As the seasons change, it is not uncommon for the temperature to vary from one day to the next. In Michigan, we see some fall days in the high 70s, but also some days in the 40s. Our staff decided that the “best” fall weather is in the range of 50-60 degrees, with clear sunny skies. 

A common fall tradition of going to the cider mill is well celebrated among the Acorn staff. The overall pick for best cider mill in the Royal Oak area is Blake’s cider mill. This big farm has cider, donuts, animals, hayrides, and more, making it the favorite this fall.